First off, I ran my sander around the rough edges. Next up, I gave it a coat of Heirloom White spray paint. Then I roughed up the sides with my 3m sanding block. The picture below shows what it looks like after I added Valspar Antiquing Glaze. Just apply lightly and wipe off with a paper towel until you get the desired look. It will cling to the sanded areas more, making those parts darker.
After I let it dry for the afternoon, I cut a large B out of gray vinyl with my Silhouette. Then I cut Baeza out of black vinyl. Whenever I am using vinyl for wording, I use transfer tape. It is so much easier! The letters don't get bunched up or uneven.
I LOVE the way it turned out!!! It looks perfect on my new rustic shelf I made today!