Monday, April 25, 2011

Bunny Cake

When I visit my family in Ohio, my mom and I inevitably end up in the basement going through all of her bakery packaging. The woman owns every shape/type/size of food packaging you can imagine. I always end up stuffing my suitcases full of some of each before coming home! Last time we found bunny cake boxes. She told me how to make the cake, and buy the bunny face. I looked up the bunny faces online but they only came in sets of 12 and I only needed one. There was no way I was going to spend that much money on a silly cake! I decided to make my own!First, bake your round cakes. You only need one, so you'll have one leftover. After it cools, cut it in half.

I didn't have the board to go in the box, and was too lazy to go buy one so I cut cardboard with a craft knife and covered it with wax paper. Put a bit of frosting on the board so the cakes will stick. I made this recipe for buttercream from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.


I freehanded a bunny face with melted candy melts on wax paper. I am LESS than thrilled with how it turned out, but it was for family, and it was FREE!

Stand up your cakes, with frosting in between them to hold them together. Then frost all over it and add the face and a big dollop of frosting for the tail.








See the super cute box? It even has a handle.


No comments:

Post a Comment