Saturday, September 4, 2010

Berlap pumpkins

Today I stumbled upon Domestically Speaking's berlap pumpkin post and I thought I'd give it a try since I have orange berlap. I used my lid from the biggest bowl I have as a template.


She used fishing line but since I didn't have any, I decided on thin metal. I know how hard it can be to make berlap do what you want from when I made my fabric flowers.

After weaving it through (and don't go to close to the edge because the berlap will fray a bit and then you might lose your stitch), I pulled it tight by pulling each end with pliers.

After I had it tight enough, I twisted them around so that it won't unravel and then tucked them inside after trimming the ends.

Snap a branch from your backyard.

Break into a few pieces.

I twisted a piece of wire around the bottom to keep them tight together, to form a big stem.


Not bad for a 15 minute start-to-finish craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment