Monday, September 6, 2010

A quick gift to share the season..

This morning, the girls and I got invited to meet our friend, Emma's teacher from last year, at McDonald's for lunch! Since I love to bake, and love to eat, but shouldn't eat it all, I decided to share. This morning I baked up some pumpkin spice bread (from a box mix) and some cream cheese frosting (from scratch). It's super yummy!And mighty pretty on my homemade cake stand if I do say so myself!


I always keep an assortment of boxes, treat bags, cupcake boxes on hand JUST for this very reason!

I sliced off a BIG end piece and put it in the box after lining with wax paper.

Wrapped it up with some pretty fall ribbon I had on hand...

Then I added a couple of fall stickers..."Nuts about fall" and a squirrel eating an acorn. Sometimes I use the rub-on images, or cut a piece of patterned scrapbook paper and use double sided tape to take on the lid of the box. This time, I went with something easy, and it still turned out super cute! Hopefully it will be a nice treat for a hard-working teacher that is still working at school on her holiday off! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment