Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1st Annual Girls Weekend!!

A couple of weekends ago some of the best gals in V-town headed down to Long Beach for a weekend away! I wish I had taken more pictures, but I guess I was too busy laughing! Here we are...with our loot. The cheapest ribbon prices are in the ghetto! ;) Shout out to Fabric Barn for 25 yards for $2, $3, and $4! Notice the one with the black sweater in the middle with the trash bag?? Yeah, that would be me!

Dana and I sitting on the beach when my stupid knee would no longer hold up on our walk.



We asked this guy to take our picture on the pier, and when I got my phone back this is what I found! He accidentally pushed the flip button on the camera and flipped it around to himself! lol. At least he was happy about it... the other lady we asked hesitated about a full minute before saying yes and then took off jogging before we could hand her any more cameras! She couldn't get outta there fast enough! lol.

Thinking about this group of friends brings me so much joy! I know that no matter what lies ahead in our lives, that distance and time passed will not stand in the way of the bond we have. We have been together during the most challenging time of our lives, and I am SO grateful for these ladies!

When we went to get our chips and salsa to take home, it was like the run on the bank in It's a Wonderful Life! LOL. They had to package more and it took forever, because we all bought so much! We also hit up Sprinkles, and Frosted Cupcakery! The winner? In my book it was Frosted Cupcakery! I was so surprised by Sprinkles! It didn't live up to all the hype for me.

On the way out of town we went to Ikea. I'd never been to this Ikea and it had a cart escalator! I wouldn't have known what to do if I didn't watch the lady in front of me.


We had this little joke going on all weekend of texting each other pics of the bathrooms wherever we went. The best bathrooms? South Coast Plaza all the way! The worst? Well..here it is! A gas station on the way home that had a trash bag instead of a lid!

2 comments:

  1. Ha. Looks like an awesome trip. I love the picture of the random guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend, love the toilet picture, lol!

    ReplyDelete