Sunday, January 15, 2012

Family Brownie Recipe

Tonight I had a craving. A craving for the BEST brownies ever, like EVER! I shared this recipe a long time ago but its totally re-share worthy for my new friends. This recipe has been in my family longer than i have. I've mentioned that 2 generations before me were professional bakers, right? ;)

This is the first thing I ever baked solo. Bless my late father's heart he ate my first batch of brownies even though I switched the amounts of salt and flour! He didn't want me to feel bad, even though they were the flattest, saltiest things you can imagine.

Recipe
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix the first three ingredients, then add eggs and beat well. In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients while mixing until all is in. Bake at 350 in 9x13 rectangle pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

You'll thank me later. The top has a crisp crust that breaks and crumbles in your mouth, and the center is chewy and delicious. Don't even get me started on the edges!

No comments:

Post a Comment