Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Salvaged Board

I have yet another post from my stash of $2 treasure hunt finds. I'm blogging from my iPhone so I hope the pictures aren't TERRIBLY out of order, I can't move them on my blogger app. There were only a few steps: 1) I used an air compressor to blow it off, then wiped it down. 2) the top piece had an extra board on it, but it was a few inches short of the length, so I trimmed it up with my miter saw 3) I measured and drilled in the screws for the decorative piece ($15 on sale at Hobby Lobby)

I noticed that the paint still looked dirty, and I bit too light for me, so I painted it the same Kiwi Kissed as my hutch. To hang it all I had to do was find the studs with my stud finder. I put a dab of toothpaste on each spot, then held the board on the wall. The spots of toothpaste on the board then showed me where to install the D ring hangers. All Done! It looks great but I'm still debating adding antiquing glaze to the decorative edging on the board. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic. I love it. Great job. I need to try this.