Saturday, January 7, 2012

Taste of Orange Blossom {Smoked Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter}

Last night we made our weekly trip to Orange Blossom. This time, we had our kids with us because it was Emma's 8th birthday! Yikes, where does the time go? She specifically asked for us to go to OBJ so that she could get sung to, and it's HER favorite as well. ;)Last night I was lucky enough to order the special salad! It was Fresh Greens with Fried Mozzarella and Roasted Tomato Garlic Dressing! This is something I've never seen here, and it was good! The mozzarella was hot and melty, covered in that crispy crust. MMM MMM. I LOVED the Roasted Tomato Garlic Dressing! The tomato flavor wasn't too overpowering, not surprising since I've never had a salad dressing there I didn't like!
Smoked Pork Chop with Spicy Apple Butter. Can I just say...comfort food? This is one of my all time fav's at OBJ. You've never had a pork chop like this one. Trust me. It's SUPER-thick cut, and smoked to perfection, then it goes for a swim in the spicy apple butter to make it complete. Ahhh, I want it again just looking at this picture!
How's that for a full plate? Have you ever noticed that usually if the food is high quality, the portions are tiny and leave you wanting more OR if the food isn't very good, the portions are big? This is the ONE place that I've been to that ALWAYS combines high-quality gourmet food, with larger than life portions.
Our girls at the family hangout!
Emma chose Chocolate Trauma for her birthday dessert. A girl after my own heart. ;)
Our girl felt really special, thanks OBJ staff! We love you guys!
The special dessert that I got with my 3 course meal was a Warm Peach Tart with Tangerine Ice Cream! This was SO good! There were slices of whole peaches in a layer in the tart... it was as delicious as it sounds, especially when combined with the ice cream!
Thanks for a special night OBJ! Check them out on the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment