Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Taste of Orange Blossom: Sesame Crusted Halibut

After a week or so of being unable to make it out to OBJ on date night, last night we finally got to go back! A couple of sick kids will do that to you! Last night one of the specials was Sesame Crusted Halibut with a lobster sauce. The soup was Cream of Asparagus and it was just what we needed on a cold and stormy night. It was POURING down rain last night, but we made it out, and having a hot cup of soup right away was the perfect warm-up to my chilled bones!
It was topped with homemade croutons and cheese.
Mmmm...cheese! My spellchecker doesn't like it when I say "mmm", but MMM,MMM was it good!!
The special salad last night was an Avocado Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. It was SO good! I always order my old trusty Orange Caesar dressing, so I've never had the pleasure of tasting the other yummy homemade dressings they have to offer! I LOVED it!
Just look at how beautiful that is! If you've read my previous OBJ posts, you know that I am obsessed with the red cabbage they have in their salads! I don't know what they soak it in/marinate it in...whatever you wanna call it...it's FABULOUS! I could just sit and eat a plate of cabbage with dressing I swear! Maybe someday they would tell me how to make it so my home salads wouldn't taste quite so BLAH. Although all my home bottled dressings don't even compare so I have almost given up making salads at home.

These were the sides that came with the special... Parmesan Polenta, Winter Greens, Gingered Carrots, and Toasty Bread! Seriously, it is SO much food! {Note: You get the choice of soup OR salad when you order the special, but I was lucky enough to try both}
Here is the main dish...Sesame Crusted Halibut with Lobster Sauce!

This fish was SO juicy!! If you've ever had dry fish, you know what I mean when I say that OVER cooking fish totally ruins it! I was seriously AMAZED at how soft, flaky and moist this fish was! And for you non-fish lovers out there, I tasted zero "fishy-ness"!
When you order a special, it also comes with your choice of dessert! They have their regular desserts and a special dessert of the day to choose from. I went with the Chocolate Trauma, which is always on the menu! I have to admit, I'm a confessed chocoholic. It is Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream on top of a Chocolate Ganache Tart, covered in Hot Fudge! We DEVOURED it, even after all we had already ate!
As always, you can check out their regular menu online, and see their weekly specials! If you sign up for their e-mail list, you'll get the weekly specials delivered right to your inbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment