Wednesday, July 28, 2010

DIY cloth napkins

I should probably warn you that I had to mail my camera away for repair today so I am using my OLD one and the pictures are not that great, but they will have to do for about two weeks till I get my camera back. I saw a tutorial on how to make your own cloth napkins and decided to give it a try. The instructions call for flour sack towels, cut into 4 pieces. I priced them online and they could certainly add up quickly so I experimented with come muslin I have, which is basically the same thinig. Here is what I have so far!You have to wash the cut muslin or cut flour sacks and dry them then trim the fray really short. It looks neat, not messy. Then you use pinking shears to cut a 10x10 square of your fabric. Simply center it, pin it, and sew along the edges. Simple! I think they're pretty cute!
I was trying to use what fabric I already own to match the napkin rings I already made.

So obviously I cut this white piece too wide! Oh well, I actually like it better because it fits perfectly across your lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment