Monday, July 5, 2010

Great Aunt Jenny's Garlic Bread

I hope everyone reading this has a family as great as I do. I realize that's probably not realistic, but it's ok to hope, right? This is a a recipe from Brandon's grandma's sister, Aunt Jenny. We lost her over a year ago to cancer (the enemy of us all!) so I am SOOOO glad that several years ago, we had her come up for a visit and stay with us! She came up and brought flats of huge, red ripe tomatoes to teach me how to make her homemade sauce. I will blog about it once my tomatoes are ripe. This is Brandon's favorite bread...surprise, surprise! I only made half of a loaf of french bread since it was just him and I, so you will only need less than half of the butter shown here. It needs to be room temp so that you can spread it easily. Just spread it on the bread, then sprinkle it with garlic granules, then oregano, and paprika. I put red pepper flakes on Brandon's part of the bread because he's hot like that. =) Heat at 400 till it's good and melted and hot and then I BRIEFLY put on the broiler to toast the top. I forgot to take an "after" picture because I was too busy trying to eat it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment