Friday, July 23, 2010

A hot mess

Yesterday I hosted family dinner at our house. I wanted to bake something for dessert, and I finally decided on PW's chocolate sheet cake. I bought a bundt cake pan at a yard sale a few weeks ago and have been dying to use it. I figured I would just transform it from sheet cake to bundt cake. I don't know if the problem was the cake needing to be baked in a thin layer, or the old pan, but when I tried to get it OUT of the pan, what I got was a disaster. THANKFULLY I didn't throw it away. I left it in as a big, giant, warm mess and went ahead and poured on the homemade frosting. I figured "I'm not wasting almost an entire box of butter!!", I'm still gonna try it. Yes, you read that right, you use all but 2 tablespoons of an entire box of butter! I didn't have any buttermilk, so I made my own by following PW's instructions. (stir together 1 Tbsp. and just under 1 cup of milk) The bundt cake pan went in the trash, as I was scraping the pan, trying to salvage my cake, the white lining was flaking off. Guess I have to splurge and buy a NEW pan. Thankfully it was just family coming. I wasn't going to serve it to them but as soon as my sister in law walked in the door, she went straight to the kitchen and grabbed a spoon! Haha. Did I mention I love my family? What could have gone in the trash if I was worried about looks, would have been sorely missed by our taste buds. TRY this recipe, it is the moistest cake ever! This is what mine looked like after our free-for-all. Next time I will bake it on a different pan. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment