Thursday, July 1, 2010

PW's Loaded Smashed Potatoes

This is my new favorite side dish. It is impossible to screw up, and it's everything that belongs with potatoes! To start, wash your baby reds and stab them. =) Microwave them until fork tender.
Then the fun begins...you add butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, green onions, bacon, the french fried onions (in a can, the ones that go on green bean cassarole- I used all mine, so my picture is missing them), and I choose to add shredded cheddar cheese to mine. =)Pioneer Woman says "smash, don't mash" over and over again. I really can't tell the difference. ;)

Snag her recipe and step by step pics over here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/05/restaurant-style-smashed-potatoes/
but do yourself a favor, and add cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment