Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lace and Berlap Napkin Rings

I know it doesn't sound like berlap and lace could go together in the same project, but they can! Sure, one is rough and rugged, and the other is soft and pretty, but they compliment each other so well in this little project.I bought a roll of tulle from the Dollar Tree last night to make my girls tutu's (that blog to come later..)and when I had unrolled it all, I was left with the thickest cardboard tube I've ever seen! I used an exacto knife to cut it into 4 pieces. Shown in the picture below is one piece.Next, I just cut a piece of berlap and hot glued one end on.
I wrapped the berlap around and glued the other seam on top of the first. I only glued where I seamed them, not around the whole ring.

The next step is to start with the inmost layer and hot glue and push down as you go around. Do this on both ends.

It will look like this.

Next, I added the ribbon. Obviously you can use whatever color ribbon you want to match your theme. I'm using green. Hot glue just the edge and match it up with the berlap seam. Wrap it all the way around and do another thin line of hot glue for the other edge, then match up and press.

Just do the same thing for the lace. I bought one little plastic ball of ivory lace for $1 at Wal-Mart, and this is the second project I've had enough to use it on! Just follow the same steps for the lace as the ribbon, match the seams and voila!

I think it's SUPER cute! It looks even better in person! You just get a hint of color behind the lace. See, rough and pretty can get along just fine. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment