Thursday, July 1, 2010

Past cupcake creations!

I had to get these pics off of my facebook page. I think I lost them in the computer crash, so some of them copied small. We will see what we can do with them...
This first set, I followed the instructions from the book Hello Cupcake to create butterflies. They turned out SUPER CUTE! I think these are my favorite out of all of the cupcakes I've made. You use dark brown, and orange Wilton melting disks and white nonpareils. They were surprisingly easy.


The Hello Kitty ones I came up with from scratch. You can make anything out of melting disks, if you first draw it on paper and then slide the paper under wax paper. You can easily trace it with your melted disks in a ziploc baggie with the corner snipped off. Put the eyes and nose on while it's wet. Then all you have to do is wait for it to harden, and pipe on whiskers. I made the bows out of melted now n laters. I couldn't find what I was looking for in a rollable candy, and this was kind of tricky. When it was hot enough to be pliable, it was hot enough to burn your fingers. I wouldn't do it this way again. Definetely find something rollable like taffy to cut out after rolling.



These pumpkins turned out pretty cute, and all I did was free hand them. Orange disks for the pumpkin and green for the tops. Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment