Monday, July 19, 2010

Old West Cinnamon Rolls

My friend Melissa was kind enough to bring me a package of Old West Cinnamon Roll Mix from Pismo Beach, where she lives. These are Brandon's absolute FAVORITE! He has been nagging me everyday for a week because that's how long I have been scared off by the lengthy directions on the package. It turns out, it wasn't that hard! All I had to add was water, and then let the dough rise in a warm place. The dough was very elastic-y, if that's a word. It was very easy to work with!Did I mention I used fat free butter?? Haha!
The directions said brown OR white sugar. That had me scared. I didn't want to choose the wrong one and you KNOW that when they make them at the bakery they use one or the other, not whichever one is lying around. I decided to do half brown and half white.

Then you add cinnamon.

Then you roll it up and slice it.


Here's hoping for a super happy hubby when he gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment