Sunday, July 4, 2010

Let's face it, baking is science.

A few years ago, I ripped a page out of Martha Stewart Living and TODAY I am just now getting around copying it! I guess I was waiting because I didn't have a laminator and I knew these would get ruined in the kitchen if they weren't laminated. Yeah, that's my excuse. =) Two years ago, my friend Sheri and I were the "speakers" at our MOPS group. We did packaging and wrapping to make something little look like something really special. She made these as well, while mine sat in my cookbook, waiting for the day they could be copied and laminated. During the drawings that day at MOPS, I won a loaf of pumpkin bread (one of our props) and it was packaged in a clear cello bag, and tied with a cute ribbon. These measuring guides were attached with the ribbon. See! I didn't need to make them, someone did it for me! =) Sometimes procrastination pays off, friends. Today I am baking zucchini bread because they are coming out of my ears, err...garden! I decided to package some up and take to the bbq we are going to tonight. Finally, I have a reason to make these guides! I have referred to mine ever since I ripped the magazine page out, I had just never made it pretty and permanent. Here goes! Go here and print out Martha's handy dandy printable.

It has three guides:
Measuring Equivalents-(how many tablespoons are in a cup, how many cups are in a pint, etc..)
Candy-Making Temperatures-(Thread, soft ball, firm ball, hard ball, soft crack, hard crack, caramel, and it's cooresponding temperature ,etc..)
Baking Pan Substitutions-(standard 12 cup muffin tin=loaf pan=9"round=8" square, etc..)
After printing it out, cut out the three shapes (there are 2 sets shown in the picture). Either laminate at home or take to your local store to laminate. Cut out again, and three-hole punch. Use a metal ring or tie with bakers twine. Now they can be thrown in your kitchen drawer, spilled on and they will be fine and dandy! Tie them on your next kitchen gift, bridal shower, hostess gift, or baked goods for an extra treat!

1 comment:

  1. i love this! i, too, have seen it but haven't ever done anything with them :) such a cute addition to any gift!

    ReplyDelete