Saturday, October 2, 2010

{Candy Corn Cookies}

For a couple of years I've wanted to make candy corn sugar cookies. For some reason, I never have. Tonight I found a cheap and easy way to do it. This Wilton frosting is SO easy to use and it dries well, but can be a bit pricey. It is over $4 a bottle. I am too cheap to buy three different colors so I bought white in hope that I could divide it up and dye it. Thankfully it worked! After microwaving it for 30 seconds, I dumped some in two ziploc baggies. One I dyed orange and one yellow, leaving some white frosting in the bottle. I was going to make my cookies from scratch but after a day like I've had today, I wanted nothing to do with my mixer and a sink full of dishes. So when I went to the store to get butter to make my own, I picked up a tube of pillsbury sugar cookie dough. As it turns out, I don't always have to make everything homemade, haha.
I bought a candy corn shaped cookie cutter but was less than impressed with the way they turned out after they baked.

They looked much better when frosted though. This frosting is so easy to use. Just snip the tiny corner off of the bags and the white still in the Wilton bottle has a writer tip. I did find out that if you frost them when you remove the hot frosting from the microwave, it will run and drip.

It's better to let it slightly cool and you can always reheat it as many times as you need to.

See all of that mess!
I think they turned out pretty cute though! I'm glad I found a cheaper way to do it with the frosting I prefer without buying three bottles of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment