Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reframing your thoughts...

I recently read an article in Women's Day magazine about "reframing your thoughts". I LOVE reminders like this! Attitude is one of the few things we have complete control over. Instead of thinking "I really don't want to go to the doctor and have this test done", think "I am so thankful that I have health insurance and that I live in a country where doctors abound, it is a blessing that I am able to do this". Instead of thinking "I really wish I didn't have to cook, but I can't afford to eat out", think "I am so blessed to have food in my cupboards...even if it doesn't match. I can make do, and I'm not hungry". The picture you see below is my DREAM vacation... to celebrate my 20 year anniversary here (because there is no way I could afford it for my 10 year, which is only 2.5 years away!). It is the Hilton at Bora Bora. There is a glass section of the floor in these suites where you can see the fish swim under your room and your own private ladder into the water. It is my D.R.E.A.M.! Who knows if it will ever happen, but it's a goal, right? It's on the bucket list. Well, while that's a long way off and still floating around in dreamland, this weekend my husband and I are going to enjoy our first ever "stay-cation"! Tomorrow night the kids are going to my sister in laws for the weekend and although we'll be in the same town and in OUR house, it's going to be a mini vacation for us! I could easily think "wow this sucks, I wish we could go to the beach" but I am just SO excited! No distractions, no responsibilities, no butts to wipe or baths to give. I love our kids, but sometimes you need a break! I am so thankful just that we have family that we can entrust our children with for the weekend without any worries whatsoever. I have SO many friends who do not have that, and don't even have any family closer than a few hours away. I can honestly say that reframing thoughts for things I feel negative towards does help! You just have to stop and remind yourself! Now...how can I reframe my thoughts to enjoy dishes?? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment