Monday, October 25, 2010

Potato Cheese Cassarole

I must say...sometimes I feel silly for posting a recipe that a lot of people already know, but I just can't help but think "what if someone has never heard of this??"Well if this is the first you've heard of it, you are in for a treat! This is a go-to menu item at my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group! You will need: corn flakes, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup sour cream, lawry's season salt, cheddar cheese, frozen hash browns and 4 Tbsp butter.
As luck would have it, I have a foil pan on hand today...you know me and dishes. *wink*
Stir the can of cream of chicken soup with 1 cup sour cream in a large bowl. Shake in some season salt.

Add about 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Stir.


Add a bag of hash browns and stir well.

Spray your baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture in. Sprinkle some more season salt on top. The next step is to mourn the fact that you now have a huge bowl to wash.

Top with about 1 more cup of shredded cheddar.

Crunch up corn flakes and spread all over the top.

Melt butter in the microwave and drizzle it on top of the corn flake crumbs. Bake at 375 for 1 hour (or longer if potatoes are not cooked all the way), covered in foil.

I wasn't quick enough with the camera to get a picture before it was dug into! It is sooooo yummy! Seriously, who cares what else is for dinner? I could just eat this!

No comments:

Post a Comment