Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birth Day!

Well today was finally the day for our dog Lady! We kinda thought it might be today because she was whining and she never makes a peep. I snapped this pic before she had the puppies because I wanted to see how fat she was. I forgot what she used to look like skinny...Tonight when we started eating dinner my husband peeked out the window and puppy #1 was out and being cleaned off! We all gathered at the window but then gave her space and finished our dinner. Kinda had to put the grossness out of our mind to stomach it. =)
By the time we finished eating, this is what we saw! Three puppies!

Here is a pic of one that just came out and she was cleaning it off. It's pretty amazing that they know what to do. She broke the bag right away, licked up all the junk, bit the cord and then kept cleaning. Amazing creation of God, I say!


When I snapped this pic, she had six puppies! Right now she has NINE! I am going to count again in the morning to make sure there weren't any stragglers! It was much longer in between births, the later it got. Some are white with big heads and there are three little small brown ones. I don't know if it's possible to have two different fathers to the litter, but they look like different breeds. Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment