Thursday, August 19, 2010

A little incentive...

Today was our first official day of school. We actually started a couple of days ago because the kids were anxious for work and I was looking to get ahead for these two crazy-busy days. Monday my life will return to normal, until then....hectic! My friend and fellow homeschool mom, Kristie, posted an idea on facebook yesterday that inspired me. It is a reward system for book reading. Here is our adapted plan: you read a book, you pick a shape and can write your name and the title of the book on it and we will post it on the wall. When you reach "x" amount of books, we will go to the movies or somewhere else fun that is a rare treat (dare I say a visit to the "Big Rat" Chuck E Cheese?". I figured I would start with a back to school theme for a few weeks. The first shapes I picked are buses and apples. This was super simple, I just set my cricut to cut how ever many will fit on the page and then come back and get it when it's done!
The buses did require some work by cutting two different sheets and some glue, but they are so cute that it was worth the effort!
I have a list of all the other shapes I have on cartridges that I think they would like...before long I will get to cut some... pumpkins, leaves, snowmen, gingerbread men, butterflies, seahorses, dragonflies, hearts, stars, dogs, cats, etc! The possibilities are endless! I'm introducing this incentive to them tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment