Saturday, August 14, 2010

My 10 cents...

My second chalkboard of the day came from an ornate metal frame that I bought for 10 cents at a yard sale. I've had it for a couple of months, it came with no glass, no backing- so I didn't know WHAT I was gonna do with it, I just knew I liked it! Fast forward to today and my almost-full jar of chalkboard paint leftover from the oval chalkboard. Iused the same method for this one, craft knife to cut thick cardboard, 3 coats of paint.
Turned out really cute! And to think that dime could just be wasting away at the bottom of my purse!

4 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful frame. And it looks great with the chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of frames. You got a great deal on this one. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 cents! What a great find! I love your ornate masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty frame... and amazing at 10 cents! I'm putting it in the PoPP Spotlight on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete