Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Car load of Curriculum...literally!

Yesterday was our first individual teacher meeting. The girls had a great time meeting her. I was sent home with everything you see here. A million teacher's editions, the BIG books, and the workbooks to go along with them. I am SO excited to have all of this at my fingertips and it's FREE! Of course I have to return everything but the workbooks when we're done, but I am amazed that this is available to me! I am so thankful for the opportunity to homeschool and not be totally on my own AND unable to afford the curriculum. I just can't get over it! She did some basic assesments of the girls yesterday to see what they already know, and she was pleasantly surprised. Emma blew through the entire first grade required words so she said there is no point in even giving them to me. She gave me flash cards for the 2nd grade words, but they too are easy! She adjusted Emma's lesson plans before we even left after she had Emma do a DRA test. I think it's awesome that I have the capability to move quickly through the stuff that is easy for her, and eventually get to the material that will challenge her and we'll be able to move at the normal pace through the material. She was also amazed that Cami already can read the kindergarten required words. She only struggles with a few tricky ones right now. That pop for sight words game has really paid off in the past few weeks! If you are thinking about homeschooling in the near future and live in Visalia Unified School District, I highly recommend checking out Charter Home School Academy!! I could not ask for a better experience so far!

3 comments:

  1. This is really fantastic to have assistance and help you know what to do!! I have to say that I am intimidated looking at all that stuff! haha Are you allowed to supplement with your own stuff or do you need to stick to their books/tests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are allowed to supplement if you want if you get it approved first.

    ReplyDelete