Friday, August 13, 2010

Chair Re-Do (and table sneak peek!)

A few weeks ago, I bought a chair for $5 at Rescued Treasures. It was really dark wood (I forgot to take a "before" pic before my hubby started painting it). If you scroll down to the table, and look how dark the front two legs are, that is what it looked like, and it was all messed up. We sanded it down today and Brandon used some antique white paint in a spray gun and sprayed it for me. After it dried, I used some sandpaper to rough up the edges of the wood and the seat as well. I love the way it turned out, and for only five bucks!
Now we have an extra chair that we always seem to need in the dining room.

Here is a sneak peek at my $10 table from Rescued Treasures. I sanded the top of it, and Brandon sprayed it the same antique white as the chair. I ran out and snapped a pic before he covered up all the dark wood. I love the chunky legs, and it's not a really high table, so it will be a good table to stick kids at when we have parties and holiday dinners. I love the size of it...not too small but not so big that you can't easily move it. It's going to be my "anywhere" table when I'm done with it. The paint looks great everywhere else, but it did something funky to the top, so I am re-sanding and possibly re-painting. I will post it when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment