Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mushroom Tartlettes

I saw this YUMMY looking recipe in my Martha Stewart Food mag and had to try it. They turned out fabulous and it was really simple. First, you wash and chop 1 lb of mushrooms. I think I didn't have enough ..they shrink like crazy when you cook em. Saute them in Evoo in a skillet until browned, I added minced garlic, salt and pepper, and a tiny bit of thyme. The recipe calls for a shallot instead of garlic, you do as you like. The recipe called for gruyere cheese, but I had some aged sharp white cheddar that I bought from the specialty cheese section so I used that, it was great! So after you saute the mushrooms, you use a jumbo muffin pan, spray with pam. divide the mushrooms, top with cheese. Then you use a biscuit cutter (3 inch) to cut circles from a thawed sheet of puff pastry.
This pan has each stage pictured.
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Run a knife around the edges, then flip onto a cookie sheet or tray.

Voila! They were SO yummy! Crispy puff pastry on bottom, melted cheese and garlic-y mushrooms...doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment