Wednesday, August 18, 2010

For the future...

This is just a post that I want my kids and I to be able to read when they are much older (so I don't have to be held accountable to remember). Last night when I was drying Cami's hair, she asked me to turn off the dyer so she could tell me something. She said ," I wish there were no bad things in this world".Which of course, prompted a "awwwww" from mommy. When I asked her "like what?" she said, "like volcanos, and bumblebees, and throwing up." It was so cute how seriously she said it and I don't want to forget.

The other thing I want to remember is that tomorrow is our very first day of homeschooling. I am SO excited and judging from the fact that I'm sitting in the school room with Cami now, they are too! I am so excited to invest this time in my children. Time that I will never get back. It dawned on me yesterday while getting a few school supplies at Target, that this time last year I was a nervous wreck. Emma wasn't nervous at all to start school, but I was. Right now, I would be having back to school jitters of the unknown- meeting a new teacher, staying at school longer than last year, meeting new kids, having lunch at school and recess on the bigger kids playground. It might sound silly, but I am so glad that these are no longer worries to me. Extra bonus: I didn't have to spend a fortune on new clothes like a lot of other people were doing at Target yesterday! Maybe I'm typing this for myself to come and read when I have low-patience days where the last thing I'll feel like doing is teaching. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment